The Devil's in the Details ZK2020 Breakout!
Today I'm leading a Break Out Session (aka class) for the Zombieknitpocalypse virtual retreat, #zk2020athome called The Devil's in the Details. I thought it would be handy to have a list of techniques covered plus links to any photo tutorials I've made & mention in the class.
This is just an event for ZK participants so there is no recording if you missed it, but I will be adding the rest of the tutorials at a later date to the "Learn" section of YumiYarns.com. Sign up for my email newsletter (bottom of this page) if you'd like to know when the tutorials are live.
In today's class we covered:
1. German Twisted Cast-On (stretchy without flare)
2. Emily Ocker's Circular Cast-On (aka Magic Ring)
3. Central Double Decreases (4 ways & why)
4. Knitting in ends (without holding yarn double)
5. Multi-Gauge Stitches (to add a bit of fun)
6. Icelandic Bind-Off (perfect for garter stitch shawls)
Thank you so much to everyone who attended the Zoom event & thanks to Megan & Amy for hosting/organizing!
If you're not registered for ZK, there are still a lot of fun events open to the public happening Friday and Saturday that you're welcome to attend. See zombieknitpocalypse.com for all the details on the Designer Showcase on Friday and The Marketplace on Saturday. (You won't want to miss either, these are easily some of my favorite parts of the event each year!)